Friday, October 18, 2013

Sally Dress

This dress goes back to the summer.  I was super fortunate to be chosen by Shannon of luvinthemommyhood to test the adorable Sally Dress.  I love the look of this dress.  I'm a sucker for vintage/modern looks; and this fit perfectly into that category.  I know we've seen lots of this dress recently but thought it was about time I shared mine.  


I think my reason for being a bad blogger, and not posting this dress earlier is that Peyton is not into this dress. :(  She absolutely will not wear it!  She wore it for pictures and now is unwilling to even entertain the notion of wearing it!  I'm unsure why; but it is a beautiful dress just hanging in her closet.  I don't think I am the only sewing mama this happens to, but it is a bummer. 


Here are the details of my dress.  I sewed up a size 7 and it fit nicely for the most part, a little snug in the bodice/sleeve area, but I think that is my fault.  I didn't do the best job attaching the lining to the sleeves. 


I want to try this dress again, I think I'll make a sleeveless version and see if she likes that more.  Also I should let her pick the fabric too.  We are entering the age where she really wants more of a say in her wardrobe.  (Knit clothing seems to be winning right now.)


It is fun to look back at summer she was only missing one tooth, now all 4 are gone in the front!  Hope you have a great Friday and are planning some fun fall activities for the weekend.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day, I love to hear what you have to say! :)