Monday, October 14, 2013

Bright Plus Quilt

Do you ever just fall in love with a particular bolt of fabric and just HAVE to figure out something to do with it?  This happens to me from time to time and usually results in a project I didn't even have on my "to do" radar.  When shopping at my local quilt shop during a great sale (buy 10 yards, get 10 yards free) I came across this fantastic print from Rebecca Bischoff's first collection called Blythe



I quickly decided to make a plus quilt since I have been admiring them for quite sometime. I picked up all the fabric for this at the sale. I made my own pattern using 3.5" squares.  The top is mostly Kona cotton solids.  There are a few prints mixed in, they come from my scrap bin and one print from Blythe.  


I've always quilted with my machine and although I love some of the patterns long arms can do, I really prefer straight lines anyway. For this project I sewed a line on each side of the seams a quarter inch each way. I LOVE the texture it added!


 I used another print from the collection for the binding.  It is chevronish, I was thinking I would like it more than I did, but it is fine.


I didn't get a shot of the back I was completely happy with but here is something. :)  


When I took it into my local quilt shop to show off I heard a lady comment that it was a nice "kids quilt".  I admit it did turn out very bright but I really am impressed with the overall effect of the design and I am totally fine curling up with it on my couch on these colder mornings we are beginning to have.


 I have a couple of dresses to blog about later this week so hope you'll check in again soon!

2 comments:

Your comments make my day, I love to hear what you have to say! :)