Wednesday, July 24, 2013

One more KCW project!

I finished this outfit Sunday, the last day of KCW and am just getting around to posting.  I've had VBS all this week, playing games with preschoolers has been fun, but not good for keeping up with things at home!


I used the same Ottobre pattern that I used with the gray and black tee from earlier in the week. It was easy to just make the same pattern.  I used a recycled tee for the red fabric but the orange strip is new.  It was nice to have the hems for the sleeves, although these also got miss cut so two old red shirts were "harmed" in the making of this new shirt! :)  Other than that I am really happy with it!


For the shorts I just could not resist Dana's new Kid Shorts pattern, I mean $6 for shorts for both kids and in sizes 12 months to 10 years?  Plus all the different finishes, there was just no way!! :)  It was definitely worth it!  I hope to make a couple more pairs and will be turning them into pants for Carter this fall.  I love the pockets and I really should have made them flat front but was too lazy, you don't really notice it and it saved me a little time.  I also left off back pockets mainly for speed sake too, I do wish I'd thrown them on but I could always fiddle and put them on later.    


The peek of red you see on the pockets was some red robot fabric for the lining that I added just because I didn't was to make plain chambray shorts! You don't notice it, but I know it's there!


 Here's hoping to a more successful fall KCW!  If you want to check out all the great summer projects made head on over!
Until next time! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day, I love to hear what you have to say! :)