Friday, April 5, 2013

Floral O+S Badminton Skort

I've had this Oliver + S Badminton Skort  pattern for over a year and just hadn't gotten around to trying it out.  I bought it because it looked cute and I love that it's a skort.  Shorts under skirts are quite nice in my book!  However, then I got kinda nervous about the scalloped edge and thus it was pushed to the back of the pile!  Then a week ago or so I saw these cute scallop shorts on pinterest and thought of this pattern.  So out it came and it really wasn't hard at all!  Since this skirt turned out so well I'd like to use the scallop edge pattern piece to create some shorts.  I'll let you know how that goes.  Now, back to the skort!


The fabic is Lovely by Sandy Gervais.  Last summer or maybe two summers ago I bought a bunch of pretty 1 yard cuts to have on hand to make dresses for Peyton.  Well there are still quite a few cuts left and it now take more than a yard to make a dress for her.  So I guess they'll be skirts now.  It was nice to have enough to make the shorts underneath match.  It used up that yard of fabric nicely! :)  


Below are a couple of pictures of just the skort.  You can kind of see the shorts underneath in the first picture.  I am glad it is warm enough to use my fence again for pictures.  I love how things look on that fence! :)



I made a size 7 because I wanted it to be a bit longer.  It fits very nicely and I hope it will fit for a year at least.  Skirts are just so fun to make and this one is no different!  O+ S patterns always sew up nicely and I always learn things too!  I guess photo shoots are a good time to try out your ballet positions! :)  Thanks for visiting!











4 comments:

  1. I love skorts! Kids need to be able to hang upside down on the monkey bars. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ann! I also think freedom is important in kids clothing. With her starting kindergarten in the fall I think skorts are the way to go! :)

      Delete
  2. Really pretty, the fabric is lovely. I am actually sewing this skort today, I was looking for inspiration when I found your blog, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Hope your skort turned out well today! :)

      Delete

Your comments make my day, I love to hear what you have to say! :)