Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day!

 At our house Valentine's Day has become a big deal.  I never really liked the holiday growing up.  However Peyton's birthday is right around Valentine's Day and so we've become much more partial to the holiday recently.  In fact this was the first year I did any decorating for the holiday.  Here is how we celebrated the holiday this year!

 

I made a felt heart chain similar to the ones I've seen on Made by Rae and Made.  The little hearts on the tree I envisioned right away when I was thinking about the holiday. Luckily Gordman's had the tree and it worked as planned! :)


Peyton's Valentine's for school are about as difficult as I can handle with all the birthday prep. I've been doing this week. I saw the idea on Pinterest.  I mean where else do you come up with ideas these days? :)  It is a printable from BHG.  I got the little bags at Michaels. I love her 4 year old handwriting!


 Finally I made her a shirt to wear today.  I didn't want it to be so holiday that she couldn't wear it after today.  I used some heart fabric I got from Baneberry Place.  Such a great place for knit fabric!  I used my flashback tee pattern.  This is the best one I've turned out yet!  The skirt is from Target.





I also had to make a bow!  I used a tutorial by Prudent Baby.  Nice and easy!


Are you a fan of today?  I wish everyone a day filled with love!  Thanks for visiting!

1 comment:

Your comments make my day, I love to hear what you have to say! :)